Learn More about Correct APA Paraphrasing Online
Paraphrasing, as well as article rewriting, is a good solution for those who want to use another author’s ideas but using your own words. It is important that you are able to understand the main process of effective paraphrasing as to avoid any form of errors. For those who are required to paraphrase using a specific format, make sure that you understand the guidelines to ensure the quality of your final paper. Paraphrasing APA basically allows you to replicate the author’s idea by changing the words entirely; this will provide you the advantage to build up the credibility of your argument.
How to Use APA Format Paraphrasing Properly for Your Paper
If you are tasked to use APA formatting, be sure that you comply with its guidelines in order for you to guarantee its overall impact to your audience. One of the advantages of paraphrasing is that you can select the best words that will help you attract the interest of your target audience. Remember that words can pave the way to effectively inform and influence your readers and with proper APA paraphrasing, you will surely tailor it to suit the needs of your readers.
Methods of APA Format Paraphrasing
There are several requirements of APA paraphrasing. Following are the methods of APA format paraphrasing:
- Less Than 40 Words: Quotations match with the original content and must be credited to the original author. If quotation is less than 40 words, then it should be reproduced and displayed into quotation marks.
- More Than 40 Words: However, when quotations are more than 40 words, block quotation method should be adopted. Author name, date and page number must be included to find the original quotation easily.
- Three-Dot Method: If some information is pending, use the three dots method “…” to show the sign of missing information.
- Paraphrasing by Including Page Number: You need to rephrase someone’s words or want to summarize the content, you have to include the author name and date in citation necessarily but including page number is optional. But it is recommended to include the page number in citation for making the tracking of original content easy.
- Paraphrasing Without Including Page Number: For in-text citation, there is no need to out the page number in rephrased content.
APA Paraphrasing to Efficiently Convey Ideas to Your Audience
- Familiarize yourself with paraphrasing generator as this will help you in improving the excellence of your paper.
- If you are taking directly from the original content, make sure that you include quotation marks; this will avoid any unintentional plagiarism which would compromise the quality of your paper.
- When you are APA paraphrasing, always include a proper citation to the author; this will not only maximize the excellence of your paper but this is crucial in building up the value of your argument.
- Make sure that you adhere to correct guidelines in APA format paraphrasing to avoid any potential errors in your final paper.
Top 5 Best Strategies for APA Format Paraphrasing
Let’s have a look on top 5 best strategies for APA Format Paraphrasing:
The best strategy of APA format paraphrasing is picking up the idea and rewrite it in your own words instead of picking the words and replacing them with the synonym words. In this way, there remain zero chances of being pointed out under plagiarism plenty.
Avoid sentence-wise paraphrasing and choose paragraph rephrasing. In sentence paraphrasing, chances of error become higher when you change the structure of sentence from active-wise to passive-wise sentence and from indirect to direct sentence.
If there is any such information in the content that you cannot change during rephrasing such figures or facts, just separate such information and rephrase the remaining content. Afterwards, just include this information in the relevant sentence as it is. In this way, you can make the paraphrasing in faster way. Otherwise, you need to spare much time in paraphrasing for adjustment of non-changeable information in the rephrased content.
Use completely different attribution signals and sentence structure that would be unique in all respect.
Take a final review of APA format paraphrasing to check whether you include the author, date, and page number in the citation or not.